As a committee we wanted to share this article about wireless routers. Routers serve as the “door” to let internet into your house. The router acts as the door keeper, deciding what can come in or go out for all the devices using internet in the house (even the ones you don’t know about). We typically recommend the Netgear routers that have Circle built into them like the below link. They are cost effective and relatively easy to setup with the phone app they provide. The other great thing is they alert you on your phone whenever a new device is added. Link to Netgear Router
Below is a link to an article that reviews different wireless routers including the circle router. https://protectyoungeyes.com/2020-best-wi-fi-routers-including-parental-controls/
Also here is a link to our website page with an introduction to routers. http://firstnrc.org/?page_id=871
If you have questions or would like help setting up a router, please contact us at email@example.com .
The Modern Media Committee is planning to host a workshop in the near future. We hope to meet in the basement of the Covell church on September 24, at 7:30PM. The following questions give you an idea what we can try to help with:
• Looking to purchase a device for the upcoming school year? We can give some suggestions regarding the pros and cons of Apple versus Android devices.
• Have questions about certain apps?
• Have a filter in place but wonder if it is effective?
• Looking for suggestions on how to filter home WIFI for all users?
• Would you be willing to share your challenges and successes parenting children in our current media culture?
At the workshops, we provide a packet with several different pieces of information. This can be downloaded to give you an idea of some of the things we cover: Link
If you’d like to register to attend the workshop, send an email to ModernMediaCommittee@gmail.com
If you have trouble using the links in the email, the direct link to the website is www.firstnrc.org.